The American constitution was written at a time when most of the country was agrarian with many independent farmers and rich landowners. Today independence is a luxury and most will soon be working at minimum wage or slightly more for big business not even being able to afford their own homes in many circumstances.
The need for a government safety net when you are destitute and also unemployed is a factual necessity and is not part of the constitution as a guaranteed right but should be.
There are in fact three classes of humans. There are the unemployed with financial reserves who are frequently rich, working citizens, and unemployed and also destitute citizens on or off of welfare. The first two classes of citizens can usually make it on their own but the last class needs assistance of some kind and the question really is what kind of assistance should be provided in the constitution?
Unemployed and destitute adult student graduates and unemployed and destitute welfare mothers need assistance but it should not be so great that they can afford cars to cruise the shopping malls spending taxpayer’s money at will.
If you are on welfare then you should have no motorized vehicle and your basic standardized needs should be delivered door to door to some shelter by efficient private companies. At home you should be provided with a computer so that you can go on the internet to get reeducated in a technological field for a real useful job if you are willing to put in the time, energy, effort, ability, and achievement. This way, no matter what your age, you will have the hope and opportunity to rejoin the workforce if you quality yourself through personal effort.
The constitution should guarantee free basic standardized needs and free useful reeducation at any age for the destitute and also unemployed.
Some radical but efficient changes in the constitution would be to eliminate state governments and give their powers to local districts with the House of Representatives being the only representative of the people. Giving most of the taxing authority and rights to local communities will encourage small businesses to thrive and create havens for humans with common interests and beliefs and free up the citizens from oppressive centralized government rules.
Having elections only every 10 years for the national and local level would also be a welcome change to save much campaign money and also decrease too much boring political discussion between election years on who the next political candidates will be.
My evergreen truth book NEW CONSTITUTION OF THE UNITED STATES details what a good updated constitution would look like.
A few of the highlights of the new updated constitution are-
- Precocious children with an education level of an average 18 year old should have a right to vote before the age of 18.
- Senate is eliminated and replaced by the House of Representatives.
- Setting a debt limit of 10% of GDP unless it is a national emergency situation.
- Promote efficient rail service between cities with a population of 2 million or greater.
- No promoting of Liberal Arts education which will be the sole domain of private institutions of learning.
- Monopoly businesses and businesses releasing toxic chemicals into the environment will be taxed a fixed percentage of gross income.
- Non monopoly and non-toxic polluting businesses will not be taxed at all.
- All national elections will be held once every 10 years.
- No president will be younger than 25 years old.
- Political unity with foreign nations will be encouraged by the House of Representatives by encouraging them to do so voluntarily or through the direct purchase of a foreign nation.
- Government will expand wilderness areas by purchasing land at fair market value.
- Citizens without criminal records shall be the only ones which have the right to keep and bear arms.
- Amendment 23 has new rights specified for the unemployed and destitute.
- Amendment 24 specifies the rights of citizens on arrest and detention.
- A new updated Declaration of Independence for the United States and the World.
- Separation of church and state but the religion will have to bear the financial responsibility of any illness or health issues and the unemployment and retirement of it’s members. You want separation? Then bear the full financial responsibility for your independence and separation!!!
If you liked this evergreen blog read more of them, about 700 so far, and read one or more of my evergreen books, especially COMMON SENSE, truth in a human world filled with lies and deceptions.